Welcome
Welcome to <strong>My Scene Hangout</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Skipper, Stacie, and Kelly are BACK!

Here's a place to talk about the girls with the passion for fashion, Bratz, and other dolls besides My Scene including Barbie and Fashion Royalty.

Moderator: Impy

Skipper, Stacie, and Kelly are BACK!

Postby tru_fashionista » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:39 am

That's right! Like Mattel said back in Toy Fair, they will be having Barbie's little sisters return to the doll scene!

It looks like Kelly (who is now named Chelsea :shock:) will have Stacie's body, Stacie will have Skipper's body, and Skipper will be taller with brown hair. Guess they each grew up a bit too.

Here are illustrations of the dolls, very cute. I can't wait to get a Skipper.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50448750@N ... 46268@N08/
tru_fashionista

Re: Skipper, Stacie, and Kelly are BACK!

Postby NattySeal » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:09 am

Whattttt....Kelly gets her name changed? I rather liked that name. No more cute little Kelly dolls? >< Glad to see that Barbie's sisters are officially back on the scene.
NattySeal

Postby tru_fashionista » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:13 am

I too prefer her to just keep Kelly. She'll always have that name in my eyes. Hearing Chelsea makes Generation Girl or My Scene come to mind.

Hopefully some promos will surface soon, they are so intrigueing. :)
tru_fashionista

Postby Jose Kulio » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:27 am

well wasnt stacie originally tutti?
She'll be breaking hearts
She'll be taking them down
She'll be killing in a cold dark corner of love
Oh,I know nothin' about
Jose Kulio

Postby atseyes » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:40 am

Wasn't Kelly also Shelley at one point - and she had a friend called Chelsie!!
atseyes

Postby Purple_monkfish » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:35 am

Kelly is Shelly in the UK, not sure why. she's Kelly back in NZ.

And yeah, Stacie was supposedly Tutti... and seems to have lost her twin brother somewhere along the way. Poor Todd.
Bring back Todd Mattel!

Interesting though. I never really liked that Skipper grew up to look just like a 70s Barbie, I liked her preteen look tbh, made her a bit different you know? But the two younger girls could be awesome. Maybe my 80s Skipper can finally have some dolls a similar size/proportion to her ahahaha.

"No I haven't figured out the bloody weapons -- if you don't stop pestering me, I will never figure out the bloody weapons -- and then we will all be bloody dead!"
Purple_monkfish

Postby Impy » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:47 am

I'm pretty sure my brain is going to disregard anything the box says and call them whatever, but eeeeee!

I love Skipper and Stacie, and hey, if they want Kelly to grow up that works for me. I guess. Chelsea is just going to confuse the hell out of me.
Impy

Postby somebadchica » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:16 am

The reason for the name change with Kelly is Mattel was unable to obtain the trademark for that name in other countries.

I am excited to see the new versions of these girls.
My most recent (guys &)girls:
MH Heath Burns and Abbey Bominable
MH HTC Clawdeen
somebadchica

Postby Majorabbey » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:12 am

Can't wait to see them. :) Stacie was always my favourite sibling of Barbie's, but I never got a Stacie doll. Maybe now I'll get a chance. :wink:
My Barbie movie forum: http://barbiemovies.freeforums.org/
My Major Mint fansite: http://majormint.piczo.com
Majorabbey

Postby Purple_monkfish » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:18 am

Didn't Barbie have another younger sister? Like.. younger than Kelly?
Krissy in fact.

It'd be cool to see her with Kelly's old body heh. The success of the Kelly sized dolls has been pretty awesome hasn't it? I think they're pretty popular.

Poor random members of Barbie's family, just dropping out of existence like that. Todd and Krissy are locked in a basement somewhere aren't they? Lol.

"No I haven't figured out the bloody weapons -- if you don't stop pestering me, I will never figure out the bloody weapons -- and then we will all be bloody dead!"
Purple_monkfish

Postby Max » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:38 am

I'll tell you what happened to Todd and Krissy. The entire Barbie family went on this HUGE vacation in the mountains. Unfortunately a rock slide trapped the family in a cave. They were there for weeks and eventually decided to eat each other to survive. Todd drew the shortest straw and Krissy...well turns out she was deformed. She had a tail. So the family ate them first. However, before they got to Kelly, a rescue team found them. The family promised never to speak of the horrors again. Tutti was never the same. The family legally changed her name and made it seem like she'd ALWAYS been Stacie.

And if you think THAT'S bad, you should hear the story of what happened to the My Scene friends. :shock:
Max

Postby Jose Kulio » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:51 am

max it couldve been they set krissy on adoption and todd is actually ken's brother
Oh,I know nothin' about
Jose Kulio

Postby Max » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:55 am

No. They ate them. I'm almost 70% sure of it.
Max

Postby Jose Kulio » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:57 am

so that means my story is 30% true?
Oh,I know nothin' about
Jose Kulio

Postby Majorabbey » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:03 am

Max wrote:I'll tell you what happened to Todd and Krissy. The entire Barbie family went on this HUGE vacation in the mountains. Unfortunately a rock slide trapped the family in a cave. They were there for weeks and eventually decided to eat each other to survive. Todd drew the shortest straw and Krissy...well turns out she was deformed. She had a tail. So the family ate them first. However, before they got to Kelly, a rescue team found them. The family promised never to speak of the horrors again. Tutti was never the same. The family legally changed her name and made it seem like she'd ALWAYS been Stacie.

And if you think THAT'S bad, you should hear the story of what happened to the My Scene friends. :shock:

Nothing would surprise me at this point. I suppose they all live in fear of that secret getting out.

Anyway, as for the sisters growing up... well, they've made Stacie a teenager very recently. Back when they actually had photo stories in the Barbie magazines (which I liked to look at, because I liked the photography in them and wished I had the resources to do something similar), they used a Skipper doll for Stacie. Kelly was still the same age, though.
Majorabbey

Postby Max » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:06 am

Kelly is like Maggie from the Simpsons apparently.
Max

Postby Jose Kulio » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:14 am

so skipper is bart and stacie is lisa?and barbie is marge and ken is homer?
Oh,I know nothin' about
Jose Kulio

Postby Purple_monkfish » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:15 am

Lol, poor poor Todd.

I would love to see a Stacey sized boy though. You know the star team/wee 3 friends sized ones *nod nod* That'd be cool.

Wait.. did they also eat their parents? Because they totally never show up either. Unless.... their parents never existed! OMG!

Purple_monkfish

Postby Jose Kulio » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:17 am

is it llike that snl britney spears barbie skit?
Oh,I know nothin' about
Jose Kulio

Postby Majorabbey » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:14 pm

Purple_monkfish wrote:Wait.. did they also eat their parents? Because they totally never show up either. Unless.... their parents never existed! OMG!

The parents were probably the first ones to find out about that fateful trip. The others had to keep them silent somehow... :twisted:
Majorabbey

Postby Barbie-Boy » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:09 pm

We better be getting TOMMY! Tommy is my mini-me!
I bet Kelly is getting the Lil'Sis body.
Evidently Mattel thinks that GLITTER is the Catnip of little girls.
Barbie-Boy

Postby Barbie-Boy » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:34 pm

Purple_monkfish wrote:Lol, poor poor Todd.
I would love to see a Stacey sized boy though. You know the star team/wee 3 friends sized ones *nod nod* That'd be cool.

I used to wish they would make a 3 pack. Wee3Dudes, kinda like the opposite enemies of the Power Puff Girls (The Rowdy Rude Boys? i think)
Evidently Mattel thinks that GLITTER is the Catnip of little girls.
Barbie-Boy

Postby atseyes » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:48 am

Max wrote:And if you think THAT'S bad, you should hear the story of what happened to the My Scene friends. :shock:

The MyScene friends are alive and well, but are in hiding from the Mattel Discontinued Doll Destruction Department, otherwise known as the DD, :) !!
atseyes

Postby squarepeg78 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:54 am

Purple_monkfish wrote:Didn't Barbie have another younger sister? Like.. younger than Kelly?
Krissy in fact.

It'd be cool to see her with Kelly's old body heh. The success of the Kelly sized dolls has been pretty awesome hasn't it? I think they're pretty popular.

Poor random members of Barbie's family, just dropping out of existence like that. Todd and Krissy are locked in a basement somewhere aren't they? Lol.

I know I probably take my dolls and their back stories a bit too seriously, but I just have one big question: Why is it that Mattel feels the need to age Barbie's younger siblings, but Babs herself never ages? If there is to be any logic in this thing at all, Barbie at 50, should look like the Happy Family grandma, and the rest would still be adults! Since we're dealing with toys and fantasy, why not leave their ages alone?

Personally, I loved Stacie and friends Whitney and Janet. They play well with my Lady Lovely Locks dolls - they actually share the same bodies.

Oh and about the "new" Kelly: When did they change Kelly's body? I swear I can't keep up! I have a smallish collection of Kellys - maybe about 30 of them. All have pretty much the same body with the exception of one Lemonhead. Shortly after I bought the Lemonhead, Kelly doll all but disappeared from the shelves around here. I'm guessing this was around 2004 as I was mourning the loss of my brother and not really paying attention to dolls.

So anyway, a year or so later, I start reading and seeing pics online about some big foot Kelly who was supposed to be in scale with the Wee 3 Friends (Stacie) dolls. Those dolls never made it here.

Fast forward to earlier this year and I'm looking at the little SIS dolls and thinking these are old kelly bodies, but upon closer inspection notice the cupped mitten hands instead of Kelly's starfish hands. Okay, so I think Mattel created a new body just for the SIS dolls - NOPE!

Saw a new Stacie/Kelly set in TRU last week and Kelly had those mitten hands!

Denyse
squarepeg78

Postby serena-hime » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:57 am

Barbie-Boy wrote:We better be getting TOMMY! Tommy is my mini-me!
I bet Kelly is getting the Lil'Sis body.

the girls are growing up this year,kelly will be on the stacie body. kelly was previously on the lil sis body though.
serena-hime

Next

Return to All Non-My Scene