Welcome
Welcome to <strong>My Scene Hangout</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Patient Barbie

Got a great idea you're just dying to share them with other My Scene fans? Share all your brilliant ideas for the My Scene gang here!

Moderator: Impy

Patient Barbie

Postby xMadxScientistx » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:57 am

Here's an idea. Barbie is always the doctor in playsets with a toy animal or a child. Why not let Barbie be the patient? She could come with a Dr. Midge or another friend character. It could come with little bandages, a toy ex ray machine, and prescription pad. It should also come with a doctors tool bag with basic things like a stethoscope and a thermometer.

The reason I suggest this is that it'd be good to set an example for kids on how to be a good patient. So many children encounter illness at a young age. Whether the child is sick herself or if they have an ailing parent, I think it'd be a good, creative way to think about the problem. It could come with a little pamphlet for kids on what to do when they're not feeling well.

Making the patient Barbie herself has impact, because it shows that it's okay to be sick. If Barbie can get sick, anybody can. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Kids won't always be in control of their lives, and if this helps them explore that through play, I think that would be good.

I hope this doesn't sound too out there.
My Tumbler:
http://xmadxscientistx.tumblr.com/
My Flickr:
xMadxScientistx

I collect: Moxie Teenz, Liv, Monster High, Tonner, Hestia, Hujoo, Juku Couture, So In Style, and Barbie.
xMadxScientistx

Re: Patient Barbie

Postby Max » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:42 pm

I think it's a good idea. I mean, Barbie is always the perfect model/actress/rockstar/whatever. I think showing her as less than perfect would show kids that they're not expected to be perfect either. As much as Barbie has a message of "You can be anything" she also sets a pretty high standard that normal people just don't meet.
Max

Postby atseyes » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:40 am

And we'd need realistic stick-on wounds and suchlike, :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!!
atseyes

Postby Max » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:48 am

Psoriasis Barbie.
Max

Postby Apple McAdams » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:28 pm

My niece has sets of barbie. :)
Apple McAdams

Return to Suggestions