Welcome
Welcome to <strong>My Scene Hangout</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Moxie Teenz

Here's a place to talk about the girls with the passion for fashion, Bratz, and other dolls besides My Scene including Barbie and Fashion Royalty.

Moderator: Impy

Re: Moxie Teenz

Postby xMadxScientistx » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:35 am

I'd buy a boy. Clothes would be a big issue though. We'd have to either sew them ourselves or find some online.
My Tumbler:
http://xmadxscientistx.tumblr.com/
My Flickr:
xMadxScientistx

I collect: Moxie Teenz, Liv, Monster High, Tonner, Hestia, Hujoo, Juku Couture, So In Style, and Barbie.
xMadxScientistx

Postby tru_fashionista » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:34 pm

The Liv dogs are proportioned to so many dolls, I love them! I wish I had Sk8 and Lacey now. :(

tru_fashionista

Postby xMadxScientistx » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:38 pm

Wow, that does look nice!
My Tumbler:
My Flickr:
xMadxScientistx

I collect: Moxie Teenz, Liv, Monster High, Tonner, Hestia, Hujoo, Juku Couture, So In Style, and Barbie.
xMadxScientistx

Postby turquoise13 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:16 pm

Cuuuute!
Image Image
turquoise13

Postby Charles79 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:32 am

Bought the "Party" fashion last night.

To call it Okay is more praise than it probably deserves.

Full review to follow on my blog in the future (Hopefully).

I don't quite know how I feel about this outfit pack.

I'm relieved that these are only $10.99 at K-Mart, Which means they'll probably be between $7.99 - $9.99 elsewhere, Instead of the $17.99 people were reporting.

But frankly, I think this was the best of the three design wise and it's still only mediocre (IMO) with poor construction.

The skirt is NOT hemmed. Instead a glue has been VERY sloppily applied to the edges of the ruffles and it looks like the dress got water stained PLUS where the glue missed being applied, the skirt is raveling already. There is a large section of netting that either didn't get sewed in or ripped right away. I'm guessing the former since I suspect I'd have noticed ripping it. There is also an area where clearly not enough ruffle was laid out as it stretches tightly across in a way that it shouldn't do.

Oh the trimming on the edges of the ruffles often looks like it was done with a "Weed Whacker" See pic.

The corset is also sewn crookedly.

Here are a couple of quick, bad pics to give you an idea of how it looks on.

Yes she is wearing a Liv (Katie 1 or 2, I forget) wig.

Charles79

Postby Howl » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:05 am

That frilly, flimsy style of fashion just doesn't suit these girls, they definitely need more subtle fashions.
It's a hideous dress though D: The mini jacket thing is quite cute though.
Howl

Postby Barbie-Boy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:30 am

yep. my girls are not wearing those. i'm still experimenting.
Evidently Mattel thinks that GLITTER is the Catnip of little girls.
Barbie-Boy

Postby serena-hime » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:05 am

thats hideous.
if i ever buy it,i will be cutting it apart to keep the middle portion,and taking the shoes and bolero.
i like the bed time fashion,i think its pretty cute.
they are seriously lacking in style though.
serena-hime

Postby Charles79 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:54 am

I wouldn't bother...

I think the fabric would just discombobulate and the sewing work on the middles seems to be problematic for the factory with crooked seams.

I thought the nightie from the Slumber set would make a cute dress but something about the whole pack just seemed cheep, like it needed more to justify the price as it's a lot less complicated than the other two. I hated the slippers. Those could have been soft goods not vinyl.

The winter dress just looked sooooooo cheapo and kind of stupidly short in my opinion, I dunno, the fabric was so thin. None of the sets give any kind of a feeling of "Luxury" or anything. I know that probably sounds silly but there isn't a lot of there, there.

The Bitty Buttons outfits are great and look like you get your moneys worth and really look luxe and well done for the price.
Charles79

Postby cjstarz » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:57 am

I love the M.T girls..but the fashions are really losing me, where is this line going? They remind me of Moxie Girlz fashions and are a few steps down from the fashions the dolls come with! It's like..the M.T dolls say "edgy/trendy" while the fashions say "HI!! we're Moxie Girlz but bigger!!"...they're not cohesive.
cjstarz

Postby tru_fashionista » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:09 pm

Seems like it's just better trying to find Barbie and Jem clothes for them.
tru_fashionista

Postby Purple_monkfish » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:49 pm

I got Melrose yesterday bwhahahah! She's very pretty. Gotta tweak haer outfit a little but unlike Arizona, I really love her default clothing so she's probably gonna just keep it.
I have a huge bag of Barbie stuff now so on to testing out what fits wheeeee!

Sorry i've been away, dh dragged me to Cornwall to visit family. I uh... didn't really enjoy it.
Ok, that's an understatement but hey, I got £30 as a late birthday pressie and bought a game and Melrose with it. WHEEE!

"No I haven't figured out the bloody weapons -- if you don't stop pestering me, I will never figure out the bloody weapons -- and then we will all be bloody dead!"
Purple_monkfish

Postby serena-hime » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:19 pm

brown wig found!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48343234@N08/4878314270/

its obviously saran. its a shame,they can make a six dollar wig with saran but they cant make a ten dollar bratz doll with it.

wigs are 5.99.
serena-hime

Postby Barbie-Boy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:23 pm

only $5.99??? score! i previously heard they were $9.99. Looks like LIV helped keep the price down.
Barbie-Boy

Postby xMadxScientistx » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:42 pm

That is way too long for my taste.
My Tumbler:
My Flickr:
xMadxScientistx

xMadxScientistx

Postby tru_fashionista » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:44 pm

I love the wigs, and for $5.99 I can get a few to customize and stuff. :) The wig stands are suppose to be hard plastic like Wave 1 Livs.
tru_fashionista

Postby xMadxScientistx » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:56 pm

I <3 Wave 1 stands. They're so wonderful.
My Tumbler:
My Flickr:
xMadxScientistx

xMadxScientistx

Postby kingkevin » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:22 am

GOT A PERFECT (close enough for me) ARIZONA!!!!!!!!!!!
Im on cloud 9.

omg, where is that pink outfit from? I think I own it,but I have no idea where to even begin looking for it at. Didnt it come with some apple leggins and it was in a pack by itself for like 5 bucks? Right?

I dont copy ppl, but THATS perfection.
kingkevin

Postby tru_fashionista » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:39 am

Yep, that's the fashion pack Kevin. :)
tru_fashionista

Postby Purple_monkfish » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:57 am

OOO brown wig! Me likes!
You could always cut it if it's too long right? I mean, for 5.99 i'd be tempted to give it a go lol.

Kev> Congrats! She's so pretty isn't she?

"No I haven't figured out the bloody weapons -- if you don't stop pestering me, I will never figure out the bloody weapons -- and then we will all be bloody dead!"
Purple_monkfish

Postby cjstarz » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:28 pm

I saw the 80s inspired M.T pink outfit today at TRU and I wasn't impressed :( No wigs yet....just the party outfit and the sleep wear. I want some edgy fashions to come out really soon!!!
cjstarz

Postby Purple_monkfish » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:15 am

Yeah, right now Arizona is wearing a crazy mad colourful outfit made up of TY and Barbie stuff hahah. It's all purple and green and pink and hilarious. I even found a bratz hat for her ahahahah.

She looks like she got dressed in the dark.

But yeah, I can't wait for some edgy, interesting and hopefully decently made fashions to come out.

Purple_monkfish

Postby Barbie-Boy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:28 am

Has anyone here tried the ELLE clothing on these dolls? Remember ELLE from the early 2000s...or was it late 1990s?
Barbie-Boy

Postby cjstarz » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:47 am

Purple_monkfish wrote:Yeah, right now Arizona is wearing a crazy mad colourful outfit made up of TY and Barbie stuff hahah. It's all purple and green and pink and hilarious. I even found a bratz hat for her ahahahah.

She looks like she got dressed in the dark.

But yeah, I can't wait for some edgy, interesting and hopefully decently made fashions to come out.

LOL!!! Yeah I need the clothes to be edgy and hot for sure! If they keep up the ruffles and pastels I don't see myself buying much more M.T :(
cjstarz

Postby kingkevin » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:00 am

ruffles I can be edgy. Just think how hot a nude colored cut out dress with a black pleather corset and then a high waisted black pleather tiered ruffle skirt would look. Something right out of V or nylon.
kingkevin

PreviousNext

Return to All Non-My Scene