Welcome
Welcome to <strong>My Scene Hangout</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Can i remove a ken dolls head?

Here's a place to talk about the girls with the passion for fashion, Bratz, and other dolls besides My Scene including Barbie and Fashion Royalty.

Moderator: Impy

Can i remove a ken dolls head?

Postby Roxelz » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:18 pm

Also put it on a ken fashionista body. Here he is . http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=3237051 . Thats the one i have. i was wondering if i could remove his head and put him on a ken fashionista. Thanks in advance! P.S. That ken dolls neck looks like the old ken dolls neck the way it is connected.
Roxelz

Re: Can i remove a ken dolls head?

Postby serena-hime » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:13 pm

apparently the new fashionistas ken dolls have a new neck where they can move side to side so i don't think you can switch it.
serena-hime

Postby Max » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:45 pm

You can't use that head on the new bodies. But you CAN use it on the original Fashionista Ken body. I did
Max

Postby Roxelz » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:49 pm

Max wrote:You can't use that head on the new bodies. But you CAN use it on the original Fashionista Ken body. I did
So the hottie ken is the original?
Haha nvm i figured it out.
Roxelz

Postby Max » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:35 pm

Yeah Hottie Ken is the original Fashionista Ken. But a head swap with that one will work for the doll you want to rebody.
Max

Postby klinton » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:04 am

Is there a tutorial somewhere for this? I've never disembodied a ken doll, but would like to know how. Love that head, but I hate the body it's on. Barbie is easy enough to swap around, but I've never thought it possible with ken.
Freedom is the state of being without fear of persecution.
klinton

Adrian on his new body :D

Postby Roxelz » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:25 pm

Here he is :D

So Cute! :D
Roxelz

Postby Max » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:30 pm

klinton wrote:Is there a tutorial somewhere for this? I've never disembodied a ken doll, but would like to know how. Love that head, but I hate the body it's on. Barbie is easy enough to swap around, but I've never thought it possible with ken.

Actually it's not hard. Just like Barbie, you heat the head until it's soft. Then pull it out of the body. The main thing is that there's a hard piece at the bottom of the 'head plug.'
That piece might break off. But it's ok, that piece is only there to keep the head from being pulled out easily. It's the same as the arrow head on Barbie neck knobs. You don't need it to keep the head on, Mattel just puts it there so kids don't behead their dolls while playing with them.
Max

Postby Purple_monkfish » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:36 am

That little tag reminds me of the very old Sindy doll heads. They have a similar neck knob that can break if you pull on it and then the head wobbles. Do the Ken heads wobble if you damage the peg?

"No I haven't figured out the bloody weapons -- if you don't stop pestering me, I will never figure out the bloody weapons -- and then we will all be bloody dead!"
Purple_monkfish

Postby Barbie-Boy » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:56 am

Ken's head is EASY to remove. it's harder to reattach, however.
Evidently Mattel thinks that GLITTER is the Catnip of little girls.
Barbie-Boy

Return to All Non-My Scene